RECIPE: Quick and Tasty, Beef and Bean Comfort Dish
Prep and cooking time: Around 30 minutes
• 500g of Premium Minced Beef (the leaner cuts)
• 150g-300g of Frozen Mixed Vegetables (carrot, broccoli, corn, green peas, etc.)
• 420g (medium) can of Four Bean Mix (Edgell)
• 400g (medium) can of Diced Tomatoes/ with Oregano & Basil (Val Verde)
• 100g of Mushrooms- sliced
• 3 cloves of Garlic- minced or finely cut
• Half Red Onion- roughly diced
• Ground Cumin- 3 teaspoons
• Ground Paprika- 2 teaspoons
• Ground Turmeric- 4 teaspoons
• Balsamic Vinegar- 3 Tablespoons
• Salt and Pepper
• 10ml of Macadamia Oil or Olive Oil
1. Heat a pan to medium-high heat then add your oil.
2. Wash and drain the mixed beans and put them aside to continue draining.
3. Put in the minced beef and break it up then season with salt and pepper to your usual liking.
4. Once you start seeing the beef juices coming out add the garlic and onion and stir it into the juices.
5. Just before all the beef becomes brown, add the sliced mushrooms and stir into the juices.
6. Add 3/4 of the Cumin, Paprika and Turmeric and stir to mix it all in.
7. Once things start to dry up a bit, pour in the Balsamic Vinegar and stir occasionally for a minute.
8. Add the frozen mixed vegetables and stir occasionally for two minutes.
9. Add the diced tomatoes and stir.
10. Turn the heat down to simmer and continue stirring occasionally for 4-5 mins.
11. Add the mixed beans and the rest of the Cumin, Paprika and Turmeric.
12. Stir now and then until most of the juices have been evaporated. It’s your choice how juicy you want it though!
Serves two meaty meals.
• Calories- 1250
• Calories- 625
Like and share because your friends will love this quick and easy recipe! Easy for us guys to whip up as well.